|Present||Assistant Professor, School of Human Ecology, College of Health and Human Sciences, Georgia Southern University ‐ School of Human Ecology|
Honors and Awards
- Graduate Teaching and Research Assistantship, Oregon State University, School of Design and Human Environment (2007-2012)
- EDRA (Environmental Design Research Association) Annual Conference Student Travel Grant (2012)
- College of Health and Human sciences Betty E. Hawthorne Fellowship for Academic Excellence, Oregon State University (2011)
- May, 2016 GSU SOTL Fellow Award, $3000
- May, 2016 SHE emerging scholar award, GSU
- June 2016 Certificate for “Introduction to CET Designer”, 5-Day virtual course
|2010 ‐ 2013||PhD, Oregon State University ‐ Design and Human Environment|
Georgia Southern University
PO Box 8057
Peer reviewed journal articles (5)
Technical drafting and mental visualization in interior architecture education
International Journal for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (2017)
We explored how beginning-level interior architecture students develop skills to create mental visualizations of three-dimensional objects and environments, how they ...
Selected peer reviewed conference presentations and proceedings (3)
Students’ use of environment-behavior research findings in their design process ...
EDRA (Environmental Design Research Association) (2015)
Integrating research into interior design education al¬lows students to implement evidence-based design solu¬tions (Guerin & Thompson, 2004), improving students’ critical ...