About Sheryl E. Kimes
Sheryl E. Kimes is a professor of operations management at the School of Hotel Administration (SHA). From 2005 to 2006, she served as interim dean of the school, and from 2001 to 2005, she served as the school’s director of graduate studies. Kimes teaches revenue management, restaurant revenue management, and service operations management. She has been named the school’s graduate teacher of the year three times and was awarded a Menschel Distinguished Teaching Fellowship by Cornell University in 2014.
Kimes's research interests revolve around revenue management in the restaurant, hotel, and golf industries. She has published over 50 articles in leading journals such as Interfaces, Journal of Operations Management, Journal of Service Research, Decision Sciences, and the Cornell Hospitality Quarterly. Kimes has served as a consultant to many hospitality enterprises around the world, including Chevy’s Fresh Mex Restaurants, Walt Disney World Resorts, Fairmont Hotels and Resorts, Starwood Asia-Pacific, and Troon Golf.
Kimes earned her doctorate in operations management in 1987 from the University of Texas at Austin.
|2014 - Present||Visiting Professor of Decision Sciences, National University of Singapore ‐ School of Business|
|2000 - Present||Professor of Operations Management, Cornell University School of Hotel Administration|
|Present||Professor, Cornell University School of Hotel Administration|
|2005 - 2006||Interim Dean, Cornell University School of Hotel Administration|
|1993 - 2000||Associate Professor with Tenure, Cornell University School of Hotel Administration|
|1988 - 1993||Faculty Member, Cornell University School of Hotel Administration|
|1986 - 1988||Assistant Professor, New Mexico State University|
Honors and Awards
- Industry Relevance Award. Cornell Center for Hospitality Research. 2014
- Best Paper Award. Cornell Hotel and Restaurant Administration Quarterly. (with L. Weatherford and D. Scott), 2002
- Best Paper Award Finalist. Cornell Hotel and Restaurant Administration Quarterly. 2004, 2007.
- Cornell University. Hospitality Teacher of the Year Award. 1993, 1997, 2003 Career Advisor Award. 2012
- Cornell University Summer Research Awards. 1988-2012
- Cornell University Research Fellow. 1995-1997. 2007 – 2012
- Ted Teng Teaching Award. 2012.
- Journal of Service Management. Highly Commended Paper Award. 2011.
- Industry Relevance Award Finalist. Cornell Center for Hospitality Research. 2007, 2011.
- Industry Relevance Award. Cornell Center for Hospitality Research. 2010, 2012, 2014.
- University of Texas Fellowship. 1984-1986
- La Quinta Research Fellowship. 1985-1986
- Literati Network Awards for Excellence. Highly Commended Award Winner. 2011. (with K. McGuire, M. Lynn, M. Pullman and R. Lloyd)
- Menschel Distinguished Teaching Fellow, Cornell University. Fall 2014 and Fall 2015.
- Production and Operations Management Society. Service Section. Lifetime Achievement Award. 2010.
- Who’s Who in America
- Who’s Who of American Educators
- Who’s Who of Women
- Who’s Who of Young Americans
- International Who’s Who of Women
|MA, University of Virginia|
|AB, University of Missouri|
|Ph.D., University of Texas at Austin|
|MBA, New Mexico State University|
Services Operations Management
348 Statler Hall
The Role of Multi-Restaurant Reservation Sites in Restaurant Distribution Management
Center for Hospitality Research Publications (2012)
A study of 474 U.S. consumers documents the increasing popularity of sites that allow reservations at numerous restaurants—although the telephone ...