About Professor Shelley Kinash
PhD Educational Technology, University of Calgary, Canada
Professor Shelley Kinash is Director, Advancement of Learning & Teaching at the University of Southern Queensland. Previously, she was Director, Learning & Teaching (Associate Professor, Faculty of Society & Design) at Bond University, Visiting Academic to the Faculty of Education, University of Southern Queensland and Assistant Professor, Faculty of Education, University of Calgary, Canada. Shelley is research active with over 200 publications including 3 books. She has been awarded (and completed) four competitive high-impact Australian Government Research Grants on the topics of graduate employability, student experience, student evaluation and assurance of learning. In addition, she has consulted internationally (Australia & Sri Lanka) through the Australian High Commission (Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Australia India Council) and Austrade.
Innovative teaching and learning, Internationalisation, Research methods, Universal design for learning, Blended learning, Learning spaces, and Multimedia technologies
Honors and Awards
- The RemServ Showcase Award for Excellence in Innovation
- Australian College of Educators’ Excellence in Education Award
- Blackboard Mobile Catalyst Platinum Award
- 2015: Shortlisted project for the Wharton QS Stars Reimagine Education Awards
- 2015: Project Co-Leader for Australian Government Office for Learning and Teaching Strategic Priority grant on the Postgraduate Student Experience
- 2014: Project Co-Leader for Australian Government Office for Learning and Teaching Strategic Priority grant on graduate employability
- 2014: Project Leader for Australian Government Office for Learning and Teaching Seed grant on Student Evaluation
- 2011: Co-Researcher on Australian Learning and Teaching Council grant
Quality, Teaching & Learning
Bond University QLD 4229
Ph: +61 7 559 51649
Podcasts - Learning & Teaching Research (6)
Empirical Research Summaries (8)
Postgraduate Student Experience Good Bad Unexpected Kinash 2017.pptx
Western Sydney University (2017)
Postgraduate Student Experience Research: The Good, The Bad & The UnexpectedDefinitionsRelevant Research Findings (from National research)Resource ListStrategies & Suggestions (Moving ...
Achieving high student evaluation of teaching response rates through a ...
Studies in Learning, Evaluation, Innovation and Development (2012)
At the conclusion of each university semester, students are asked to complete surveys evaluating their educators and subjects. Research indicates ...