Honors and Awards
- Installed as President of the American Neuropsychiatric Association (ANPA) (2013)
- Chancellor’s Medal for Distinguished Teaching, University of Massachusetts Medical School (2012)
- Top Doctors, U. S. News & World Report (2012)
- 20-Year Distinguished Professional Service Award, The Evergreen Center (2009)
- Paul F. Briscoli Award for Faculty-Resident Academic Collaboration, University of Massachusetts Medical School Department of Psychiatry (2008)
- Lamar Soutter Award for Lifetime Contributions to Medical Education, University of Massachusetts Medical School (by vote of the medical school faculty at large) (2008)
- Paul Barreira Award for excellence in psychiatric teaching presented by the PGY-IV residents of the UMass Psychiatry Residency Program (2007)
- Elevated to Distinguished Fellowship in American Psychiatric Association (2003)
- Selected as the Psychiatric Educator of the Year by the Massachusetts Psychiatric Society (2001)
- Elected to “Best Doctors in America” (1999-present)
Department of Psychiatry
University of Massachusetts Medical School
55 Lake Avenue North, Suite S7-823
Worcester, MA 01655
Assessing Cultural Psychiatry Milestones Through an Objective Structured Clinical Examination
University of Massachusetts Medical School Faculty Publications (2016)
OBJECTIVE: Culturally appropriate tools for patient assessment are needed to train psychiatric residents. An objective structured clinical examination (OSCE) can ...
Integrating Neuroscience Knowledge and Neuropsychiatric Skills Into Psychiatry: The Way ...
University of Massachusetts Medical School Faculty Publications (2015)
Increasing the integration of neuroscience knowledge and neuropsychiatric skills into general psychiatric practice would facilitate expanded approaches to diagnosis, formulation, ...
Neuropsychiatry and neuroscience education of psychiatry trainees: attitudes and barriers
Psychiatry Publications and Presentations (2014)
OBJECTIVE: The American Association of Directors of Psychiatric Residency Training (AADPRT) Task Force on Neuropsychiatry and Neuroscience Education of Psychiatry ...
The differential diagnosis of childhood- and young adult-onset disorders that ...
Psychiatry Publications and Presentations (2009)
The evaluation of psychotic individuals for inherited or congenital etiologies is fraught with complexity. The authors reviewed the published literature ...