|Present||Associate Professor, Western Michigan University|
- English 2230, Black American Literature: A survey of African-American literature from 1746 to the present.
- English 3200, American Literature I: A survey of American literature from 1492 to the Civil War.
- English 3210, America Literature II: A survey of American literature from the Civil War to the present.
- English 3310, British Literature II: A survey of British literature from 1785 to the present.
- English 3080, Quest for Self: An investigation into the quest for an ethical selfhood through such authors as Hawthorne, Thoreau, James, Wharton, Larsen, Crane, and the British Romantic poets.
- English 4440, Studies in the Novel: Using the American novel as representative, this course surveyed the development of the novel from its beginnings in the eighteenth century to the Modernist period.
- English 5220, Studies in American Literature: An examination of American literature from 1765 to 1800.
- English 6220, Studies in American Literature: Beginning with pre-Columbian Native American oral traditions and ending with Hannah Webster Foster’s The Coquette, this graduate seminar offered an examination of American literature from its beginnings to the turn of the eighteenth century.