|Present||Professor, Utah State University|
Honors and Awards
- 1998 - Fellow, IEEE
- 1997 - Fellow, Optical Society of America
- 1993-1994 - IEEE LEOS Distinguished Lecturer
- 1986 - AT&T Exceptional Contribution Award for Extraordinary Contribution to the Protection of Intellectual Property
- 1986 - Honorable Mention, Eta Kappa Nu Young Outstanding Engineer Award
- 1980-1981 - Together for Greatness Scholarship, Brigham Young University
- 1973 - Outstanding Student in Electronics at Utah Technical College at Provo
4x4 Vertical-Cavity-Surface- Emitting Laser (VCSEL) and Metal-Semiconductor-Metal (MSM) Optical Backplane ...
Applied Optics (1996)
We describe a system demonstrator based on vertical-cavity surface-emitting lasers, metal–semiconductor–metal detectors, printed circuit board (PCB) level optoelectronic device packaging, ...
An ATM-Based Intelligent Optical Backplane Using CMOS-SEED Smart Pixel Arrays ...
IEEE Journal on Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics (1996)
The architecture, smart pixel array chip design, and optical design of an intelligent free-space digital optical backplane for ATM switching ...
Design, Modeling, and Characterization of FET-SEED Smart Pixel Transceiver Arrays ...
IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronics (1996)
The design, modeling, and characterization of FET-SEED smart pixel transceiver arrays fabricated for application in optical backplanes are presented. Results ...