|2000 - Present||Associate Professor, Georgia Southern University ‐ Education, College of|
|Present||Professor, Georgia Southern University ‐ Middle Grades and Secondary Education, Department of|
Honors and Awards
- College-Level Jack Miller Award for Teaching nominee (2011)
- College-Level Jack Miller Award for Teaching (2012)
- University-Wide Award for Excellence in Contributions to Instruction (2013)
- Elementary Children’s Literature
- Elementary Language & Literacy Methods
- ESOL Endorsement Methods
- Middle Grades / Secondary Literature & Writing
- Middle Grades Adolescent Literature
- Reading Endorsement Cognition & Language
- Elementary Social Studies Methods
- Middle Grades Social Studies Methods
- Elementary Student Teaching
- Middle Grades Student Teaching
PO Box 8134
Statesboro, GA 30460
Phone: (912) 478-0354
Office: College of Education 4136
Scholarship: Publications: Peer or Editorially Reviewed (7)
Contribution to Book
“Someday I’m going to have papers!” (¡Algún día, yo ...
Living Together, Living Apart: Mixed Status Families and US Immigration Policy (2015)
Georgia Southern University faculty members Scott A. Beck and Alma D. Stevenson co-authored ""Someday I’m going to have papers!" (¡Algún ...
Scholarship: Presentations: International and National (6)
Migrant Students Scaffolding Their Stories: From Critiquing Socio-Culturally Relevant Mentor ...
American Educational Research Association Annual Meeting (2015)
The children of migrant farm workers dropout of school more than any other group. Migrant children need and deserve substantial ...