|2004 - Present||Associate Professor, University of Dayton ‐ Department of Computer Science|
- CPS 111: Introduction to Personal Computing
- CPS 150: Algorithms and Programming I
- CPS 250: Introduction to Computer Organization
- CPS 343/543: Comparative Languages
- CPS 346: Operating Systems I
- CPS 356: Operating Systems
- CPS 430/542: Database Management Systems
- CPS 432/562: Database Management Systems II
- CPS 444/544: UNIX/Linux Programming
- CPS 445: Systems Programming II
|2004||PhD, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University|
|2001||MS, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University|
|1998||BS, Villanova University|
Office: William S. Anderson Center, Room 145
While classes are in session:
- Monday: 11-11:45 a.m., 5:45-6:45 p.m.
- Tuesday: 4:15-5:15 p.m.
- Wednesday: 5:45-6:45 p.m.
- Thursday: 4:15-5:15 p.m.
While classes are not in session: I am available by appointment; contact me via email.
Natural Language, Mixed-Initiative Personal Assistant Agents
Proceedings of the 12th International ACM Conference on on Ubiquitous Information Management and Communication (IMCOM) (2018)
The increasing popularity and use of personal voice assistant technologies, such as Siri and Google Now, is driving and expanding ...
Supporting Multiple Paths to Objects in Information Hierarchies: Faceted Classification ...
Information Processing and Management (2010)
We present three fundamental, interrelated approaches to support multiple access paths to each terminal object in information hierarchies: faceted classification, ...
Mining Web-Functional Dependencies for Flexible Information Access
Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology (JASIST) (2007)
We present an approach to enhancing information access through Web structure mining in contrast to traditional approaches involving usage mining. ...
A Generative Programming Approach to Interactive Information Retrieval: Insights and ...
Generative Programming and Component Engineering (2005)
We describe the application of generative programming to a problem in interactive information retrieval. The particular interactive information retrieval problem ...