|Present||Associate Professor - Elementary Education, Curriculum and Instruction, University of Northern Iowa ‐ Department of Curriculum and Instruction|
Honors and Awards
- Class of 1943 Faculty Award for Excellence in Teaching, 2017
- University Book & Supply Outstanding Teaching Award, University of Northern Iowa, October 2011
- Kipchoge Kirkland Social Justice Award, College and University Faculty Assembly
- Elementary Curriculum
- Teaching Elementary School Social Studies
- Methods of Teaching Content Literacy in the Intermediate Grades (3-6)
- Issues & Trends in Curriculum
- Analysis & Improvement of Social Studies Instruction in the Elementary School
- Methods and Materials in Literacy Education
University of Northern Iowa
Schindler Education Center 624
Cedar Falls, IA 50614-0606
Office: SEC 624
Phone: (319) 273-6757
Kindergarten Scores, Storytelling, Executive Function, and Motivation Improved through Literacy-Rich ...
Early Childhood Education Journal (2017)
This study explored the effects of literacy-rich sociodramatic guided play on kindergarten student literacy performance and behavior. Kindergarten students of ...
African Mask-Making Workshop: Professional Development Experiences of Diverse Participants
International Journal of Multicultural Education (2015)
Diverse education professionals learned about African cultures in a workshop experience by making African masks using authentic symbolism. Analysis of ...
Reflections of Pre-Service Elementary Teachers after Learning about an African ...
Social Studies Research and Practice (2011)
Arts-integrated social studies projects can provide meaningful learning about another culture; yet, they are rare in the current assessment-focused climate. ...