|Present||Academic Dean, Africa and the Middle East, SIT Study Abroad|
Cultural studies and communication, African studies and transnational networks, Globalization and cultural development, Youth culture and identities, and Dynamics of cultural translation across borders
Honors and Awards
- British Council Ph.D. Research Fellowship, University of Surrey, UK 1998-2000
- University of Surrey Doctoral Fellowship, Department of Theatre and Performance Studies, School of Performing Arts, University of Surrey, UK, 1999-2000
- 3rd Annual International Visiting Lecturer Series, The Institute for International Studies, Lock Haven University of Pennsylvania, US, 1999
- Fulbright Doctoral Scholarship, College of Communication, Department of Radio-Television-Film, University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX, 1992-1996
- Elected Member of the kappa Honor Society, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX, 1994
- British Council Graduate Research Scholarship, University of East Anglia, UK, 1986
Contributions to Books (9)
Conferences, Presentations, and Workshops (2)
Transnational Mobility in a Post-Colonial Context: Visual Narratives of Immigrants ...
Fostering Multicultural Competence and Global Justice: an SIT Symposium (2010)
Over the last decade, the increase in clandestine migration foregrounded the issue of migration and provided Moroccan media with regular ...