|Professor Emeritus and Distinguished Scholar, Art, University of Northern Iowa ‐ Department of Art|
Honors and Awards
- Distinguished Scholar Award (2009)
- Recipient, College of Humanities and Fine Arts Award for Teaching Excellence (2005)
- Nominee, National Design Award in Communications Design, Cooper-Hewitt Museum (New York), Smithsonian Institution (2003)
- Recipient, Award of Excellence, 44th Annual ADAI Design Exhibition (Art Directors Association of Iowa, Des Moines) (2002)
- Recipient, Honorable Mention (2nd Place), Throne/Aldrich Award, State Historical Society of Iowa (1998)
- Recipient, Board of Regents Faculty Excellence Award (1996)
- Recipient, Donald McKay Outstanding Faculty Research Award (1995)
- Ballast Quarterly Review (founder and publisher of) featured in Milwaukee Magazine as one of “the best things in Milwaukee” (August issue 1986)
- Featured in Milwaukee Magazine as one of “the 85 most interesting people in Milwaukee” (January issue 1986)
- Featured in Communication Arts magazine as “one of the most original thinkers in design” (1985)
- Recipient, Pushcart Prize VII: Best of the Small Presses (1982)
Revisiting Abbott Thayer: non-scientific reflections about camouflage in art, war ...
Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B (2009)
This paper reviews the achievements of Abbott Handerson Thayer (1849–1921), an American painter and naturalist whose pioneering writings on animal ...