|Present||Assistant Professor, Department of Sociology, Boise State University ‐ Department of Sociology|
Honors and Awards
- Center for Latinos in a Global Society, University of California Irvine, Research Grant, 2008, $1,000
- American Educational Research Association, Research Grant, 2007-2008, $15,000
- University of California All Campus Consortium on Research for Diversity, Dissertation Research Fellowship, 2007-2008, $20,00
- SOC 101: Introduction to Sociology
- SOC 230: Multi-Ethnic Studies
- SOC 312: Population Demography
- SOC 332: Mexican-American Studies
Articles & Reports (2)
Success Attained, Deterred, and Denied: Divergent Pathways to Social Mobility ...
The ANNALS of the American Academy of Political and Social Science (2008)
This article highlights divergent pathways to mobility among members of the new second generation, identifies key mechanisms affecting the choices ...
Contributions to Books (2)
Contribution to Book
Unauthorized Migration and Its Implications for Mexican American Educational Incorporation
Regarding Educación : Mexican-American Schooling, Immigration, and Bi-National Improvement (2013)
In Chapter 3, the authors assess the long-term scholastic impact of parental unauthorized status on Mexican American children. They document ...