|2014 - Present||Associate Professor, University of the Pacific ‐ Gladys L. Benerd School of Education|
|2006 - Present||Research Associate, University of Southern California ‐ Pullias Center for Higher Education|
|2009 - 2014||Assistant Professor, University of the Pacific ‐ Gladys L. Benerd School of Education|
Community College Education Administration, Elementary and Middle and Secondary Education Administration, Urban Education, Educational Leadership, Higher Education, Social and Behavioral Sciences, Urban Studies, Inequality and Stratification, and Quantitative, Qualitative, Comparative, and Historical Methodologies
Honors and Awards
- Martin Luther King Jr. Peace and Justice Award, University of the Pacific 2014
- Young Academic Fellow, Institute for Higher Education Policy & Lumina Foundation 2011
- Community Appreciation Award, Lincoln Latin Leadership, Lincoln School District 2011
- Dissertation of the Year, Rossier School of Education 2010
- Dean’s Fellowship in Urban Education, Rossier School of Education 2005-2009
- Eberhardt Teacher Scholar Award, University of the Pacific 2017
- Action Research
- Advanced Qualitative Methods
- Applied Inquiry I: Introduction to Doctoral Research
- Applied Inquiry III: Conduction a Scholarly Review of Research
- Applied Inquiry IV: Developing a Dissertation Proposal
- Cultural Diversity and Educational Administration
- Educational Administration and Complex Organizations
- Pluralism in American Education
- Politics and Policymaking
- Qualitative Methods
- Sociology of Education
|2009||Ph.D., Urban Educational Policy, University of Southern California|
|2003||Special Education Teaching Credential, George Washington University|
|2003||M.A., Education and Human Development, George Washington University|
|1999||B.A., Communication Studies, University of Nebraska - Lincoln|
Books and Book Chapters (4)
Books and book chapters written or edited by Dr. Ronald E. Hallett.
Homeless and Highly Mobile Youth (10)
Contribution to Book
Homeless youth and educational policy: A case study of urban ...
Living on the boundaries: Urban marginality in national and international contexts (2012)
This chapter examines the educational barriers that homeless youth face in one large urban area. The text reviews the McKinney–Vento ...
Highlighting the Importance of Researching Family Homelessness
Journal of Applied Research on Children: Informing Policy for Children at Risk
This invited commentary responds to and builds upon Tobin and Murphy's article, “Addressing the Challenges of Child and Family Homelessness.” ...
Undocumented Youth (1)
Qualitative Research (3)
College Access (4)
Journal articles written by Dr. Ronald E. Hallett.