To nurture transformational technology, build a community like Sam Walton’sStrategy & Leadership (2015)
– The authors examine the approach by which Sam Walton, a 48-year-old when he took his first technology course, drove creation of a new set of technology for retailing.
– By breaking Walton’s approach into five stages, the authors show how his way of working points to a credible path for leaders with limited background in technology to lead technological change.
– Senior leaders can apply Walton’s systematic way of leading for creation of excellent processes to accomplish customer-focused technology innovation in the modern era.
– Five elements of Walton’s tech innovation leadership are reviewed and analyzed.
– This article offers insights about how Walton was able to form a tech savvy team of managers and synthesize a vision about the potential of technology to produce operational breakthroughs far in advance of his competition.
- Innovation opportunity assessment,
- Operations innovation,
- Sam walton,
- Technology leadership,
- Walmart operations technology
Citation InformationOsvald M. Bjelland and Robert C. Wood. "To nurture transformational technology, build a community like Sam Walton’s" Strategy & Leadership Vol. 43 Iss. 2 (2015) p. 41 - 46 ISSN: 1087-8572
Available at: http://works.bepress.com/robert_wood1/28/