About Rodolfo C. Rivas
I’m an expert in legal advice, negotiation, public policy and government relations, with over 14-years’ experience in the private and public sectors and across various countries.
In my current role as Senior Counsellor Legal & Economic Affairs, I have been a party in the negotiation and conclusion of four intergovernmental agreements, including: the Trade Facilitation Agreement, expected to produce accrued global benefits of over US$1 trillion a year; the revised Government Procurement Agreement, with a market access coverage valued at US$100 billion per year; and the expansion of the Information Technology Agreement, with an estimated value of $1.3 trillion in added global trade per year. Regular speaker in international academic and professional events on IP, Tech & Innovation, trade and dispute settlement. As an author, my articles on law and business related topics have been downloaded over 5,800 times across various platforms.
I’ve worn many hats in my career—litigator, arbitrator, negotiator, translator, manager, author, strategist and policy and compliance professional. As a result, I have a unique ability to manage multi-disciplinary projects and navigate complex challenges. If I were to boil down my professional value, it comes down to the following:
• I have been leading and managing multicultural teams for over 8 years.
• I understand business and how geopolitics affects it.
• I don’t care who gets credit. I just want to get the job done.
• I listen and I connect people.
• Ideas are great, but execution is what matters, and I do execution.
• I’m the calm one.
• I excel under pressure.
I love making new professional acquaintances. Reach out to me if you want to talk law, technology, international trade, business, policy, start-ups or films.
Specialties: International Trade, International Business, Policy & Negotiation, Management, Intellectual Property, Copyright, Trademarks, Domain Names, Compliance, Arbitration and Mediation (ADR), Advocacy, Diplomacy, Corporate & Government Affairs.
rodolfo (@) rodolforivas.com
Antitrust and Trade Regulation, Commercial Law, Communications Law, Comparative and Foreign Law, Computer Law, Constitutional Law, Consumer Protection Law, Contracts, Dispute Resolution and Arbitration, Entertainment, Arts, and Sports Law, Intellectual Property Law, International Law, International Trade Law, Internet Law, Science and Technology Law, International Relations, and Political Theory
Honors and Awards
- Graduated from Universidad Panamericana Law School (consistently ranked among the top three law schools in Mexico) with “Honores” (equivalent to magna cum laude).
- Recipient of full merit tuition waiver grant (highest GPA and highest admission exam score).
- Awarded merit grant (50% tuition) for LL.M. studies at the Universitat d'Alacant.
- Listed on the Vienna International Arbitration Centre's List of Practitioners (www.viac.eu).
- Domain Name Panelist at the Asian Domain Name Dispute Resolution Centre (www.adndrc.org)
- Neutral at the London Court of International Arbitration (www.lcia.org)
- Member of the Indicative List of Governmental and Non-Governmental Panelists to hear WTO disputes
- Domain Name panelist at the ADR.EU - Czech Arbitration Court