|Present||Associate Professor, Department of Materials Science & Engineering, Boise State University|
|Present||Director, Boise State Center for Materials Characterization, Boise State University|
Honors and Awards
- 2004 - Robert L. Coble Award for Young Scholars, ACerS
- 2006 - Edgar Andrews Best Journal Article Prize
- 2008-2011 - National Academy of Sciences Grant ($254,000)
- 2009-2012 - Department of Energy Grant ($785,396)
- 2010-2014 - National Science Foundation Grant ($628,711)
- 2017 - Foundation Scholar Award ($3,000 honorarium), Boise State University
- MSE 305: Bonding, Crystallography, and Crystal Defects
- MSE 522: Advanced Transmission Electron Microscopy
Software for Calculating Permittivity of Resonators: HakCol & ErCalc
Advances in Multifunctional Materials and Systems II: Ceramic Transactions (2014)
The HakCol and ErCale programmes are designed to quickly and accurately calculate the relative permittivity of microwave dielectric resonators. The ...
Effect of Ca2+ Substitution on the Structure, Microstructure, and Microwave ...
Journal of the American Ceramic Society (2013)
The effect of Ca2+ substitution on the structure, microstructure, and microwave dielectric properties of Sr–gehlenite (Sr2Al2SiO7) ceramic has been investigated. ...
Unification of the Negative Electrocaloric Effect in Bi1/2Na1/2TiO3-BaTiO3 ...
Journal of Applied Physics (2013)
The microscopic mechanisms of the negative electrocaloric effect (ECE) of the single-phase (1−x)(0.94Bi1/2Na1/2TiO3-0.06BaTiO3)-xBa1/2Sr1/2TiO3 (BNT-BT-BST) perovskite solid solutions fabricated via the ...
Contribution to Book
The Effect of A-Site Vacancies on Cell Volume and Tolerance ...
Processing and Properties of Advanced Ceramics and Composites V: Ceramic Transactions (2013)
Point defects like vacancies can have a profound effect on the structure of perovskite ceramics, but the exact mechanisms by ...