|Present||Associate Professor, Eastern Illinois University ‐ Communication Studies|
Honors and Awards
- 2011 Achievement and Contribution Award
- 2012 Jerry Mathis Outstanding Teacher Award
- 2013 Achievement and Contribution Award - Service
- 2015 Achievement and Contribution Award - Balanced
- 2016 Council on Academic Affairs Faculty Laureate
|2009||PhD, University of Denver ‐ Human Communication Studies|
|2005||MA, University of North Carolina at Greensboro ‐ Speech Communication|
|2002||Post-Baccalaureate Certificate, University of North Carolina at Greensboro ‐ Women's and Gender Studies|
|2002||BA, University of North Carolina at Greensboro ‐ Communication Studies|
Office: 1751 - Coleman Hall
Putting Privilege into Practice Through "Intersectional Reflexivity:" Ruminations, Interventions, and ...
Reflections: Narratives of Professional Helping (2010)
Engaging in intersectional reflexivity requires one to acknowledge one :S intersecting identities, both marginalized and privileged, and then employ self-reflexivity, ...