- APST 4957/5957 - Special Topics in Appalachian Studies: Health, Environment, and Activism
- APST 5690 - Documenting Community Traditions=
- ENVS 2010 - Environment in Appalachia
- ANT 495 - Anthropology of Science
- ANT 303 - Culture and Gender
- WGS 200 - Issues in Women’s and Gender Studies
- BMT 2890 - Culture and Global Business Strategies
- ANT 206 - Cultural Anthropology
- ANT 160 - Cultural Diversity in the Modern World
- APST 2060 - Introduction to Appalachian Studies
- WGS 100 - Introduction to Women’s and Gender Studies
- SOC 101 - Introduction to Sociology
- ANT 105 - Introduction to Anthropology
|May 2011||PhD, Anthropology, University of Kentucky|
|May 2009||Graduate Certificate, Gender and Women's Studies, University of Kentucky|
|August 2003||MA, Anthropology, University of Kentucky|
|May 1999||BS, Sociology and Anthropology, East Tennessee State University|
|May 1998||MS, Biological Sciences, East Tennessee State University|
|August 1994||BS, Biological Sciences, East Tennessee State University|
PO Box 70556
Johnson City, TN 37615
Office: 215 Nicks Hall
Journal Articles (3)
Book Chapters (1)
Invited Presentations (8)
From Horseback to Cadillacs: A Regional Perspective on Healthcare and ...
Engaging Global Diversity Lecture Series, University of North Carolina Wilmington (2015)
She discusses her ethnographic research on perceptions of access to health care and health insurance in Appalachia in the context ...
Selected Conference Presentations (6)
The Financial Risks of Living Wellness: Contextualizing the Affordable Care ...
Society for Economic Anthropology (2016)
Numerous Medical Anthropological accounts describe disparities in accessing health care in broad relation to neoliberal market transformations and state governance. ...