When school districts and universities combine their strengths, both benefit. Like teaching hospitals associated with medical schools, professional development schools (PDSs) train future practitioners, develop state-of-the-art practices, and nurture professional growth. Schools benefit from sustained professional development focused on their unique needs. Teacher preparation programs benefit from exemplary placements for student teachers and the wisdom of current practitioners. Both gain from joint research into innovative practices and the cross-fertilization of ideas.
- Elementary Education and Teaching,
- Junior High, Intermediate, Middle School Education and Teaching,
- Other Teacher Education and Professional Development,
- Pre-Elementary, Early Childhood, Kindergarten Teacher Education,
- Secondary Education and Teaching and
- Teacher Education and Professional Development
Available at: http://works.bepress.com/rachel-collopy/9/