Skip to main content
Article
Effect of Leadership Style, Motivation, and Giving Incentives on the Performance of Employees—PT. Kurnia Wijaya Various Industries
International Education Studies (2015)
  • zaenal mustafa elqadri zaenal zaenal, management
  • priyono iyon priyono, management
  • rahayu puji suci poppy poppy, management
  • teddy chandra teddy teddy chandra
Abstract
This study aims to identify and examine the importance of leadership style, motivation, and incentives to
improve employee performance. Variables examined as factors that affect performance of employees were style
of leadership (X1), motivation (X2), and the provision of incentives (X3).
The population of this study was all employees in the Sales Department MT PT. Kurnia Wijaya Various
Industries, amounting to 20 people. Data collection techniques were documentation and questionnaires. This
study also used multiple linear regressions to analyze the data.
It indicates that the level of the relationship between leadership style (X1), motivation (X2), and the provision of
incentives (X3) on employee performance (Y) is very strong. This is because the value of the correlation
coefficient is R = 0,985a is in the interval between 0.80   coefficient of 1.000. While the coefficient of
determination of R2 = 0.971, indicating that the independent variable (leadership style, motivation, and
incentives) can influence the dependent variable (performance of employees) at 97.1% while the remaining 2.9%
is influenced by other factors not examined.
Keywords
  • eadership style,
  • motivation,
  • incentives and employee performance
Publication Date
Summer September 28, 2015
DOI
URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.5539/ies.v8n10p183
Publisher Statement
Correspondence: Priyono, Department of Management Studies Program, Faculty of Economics, University of
PGRI ADI Buana Surabaya, Indonesia. Tel: 62-081-216-974-878. E-mail: priyono.unu_sidoarjo@yahoo.com

Citation Information
URL: http://dx.doi.org/10.5539/ies.v8n10p183
Creative Commons license
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons CC_BY International License.