Honors and Awards
- USGS/DOI Star Award. Superior Performance 2011, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2006, 2005
- College of Natural Resources. Researcher of the Year 2009
- College of Natural Resources. Teacher of the Year 2009
- Advance, NSF, Travel Fellowship, 2008
- Utah Chapter American Fisheries Society, Scientist of the Year, 2007
- College of Natural Resources. Undergraduate Mentor of the Year 2006
- Department of Fisheries and Wildlife, Faculty Advisor of the Year, 2002
|1996||Ph.D., Utah State University|
|1991||B.S., University of California, Davis|
Recent Works (6)
Matching Watershed and Otolith Chemistry to Establish Natal Origin of ...
Transactions of the AMerican Fisheries Society (2017)
Stream habitat restoration and supplemental stocking of hatchery-reared fish have increasingly become key components of recovery plans for imperiled freshwater ...
Quantifying long-term population growth rates of threatened bull trout: challenges ...
Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences (2017)
Temporal symmetry models (TSM) represent advances in the analytical application of mark–recapture data to population status assessments. For a population ...
Peer-Reviewed Publications (65)
Consequences of seasonal variation in reservoir water level for predatory ...
Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences (2016)
In reservoirs, seasonal drawdown can alter the physical environment and may influence predatory fish performance. We investigated the performance of ...
Effects of fine sediment, hyporheic flow, and spawning site characteristics ...
Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences (2014)
Successful spawning is imperative for the persistence of salmonid populations, but relatively little research has been conducted to evaluate factors ...