Honors and Awards
- USGS/DOI Star Award. Superior Performance 2011, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2006, 2005
- College of Natural Resources. Researcher of the Year 2009
- College of Natural Resources. Teacher of the Year 2009
- Advance, NSF, Travel Fellowship, 2008
- Utah Chapter American Fisheries Society, Scientist of the Year, 2007
- College of Natural Resources. Undergraduate Mentor of the Year 2006
- Department of Fisheries and Wildlife, Faculty Advisor of the Year, 2002
Peer-Reviewed Publications (56)
Effects of fine sediment, hyporheic flow, and spawning site characteristics ...
Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences (2014)
Successful spawning is imperative for the persistence of salmonid populations, but relatively little research has been conducted to evaluate factors ...
Comparative and Experimental Evaluation of Performance of Stocked Diploid and ...
North American Journal of Fisheries Management (2012)
Despite numerous negative impacts, nonnative trout are still being stocked to provide economically and socially valuable sport fisheries in western ...
Quantifying Macroinvertebrate Responses to Instream habitat Restoration: Applications of Meta-Analysis ...
Restoration Ecology (2010)
The assumption that restoring physical habitat heterogeneity will increase biodiversity underlies many river restoration projects, despite few tests of the ...
Review of Bull Trout Habitat Associations and Exploratory Analyses of ...
North American Journal of Fisheries Management (2010)
An understanding of habitat relationships for bull trout Salvelinus confluentus remains an important component for identifying future restoration, management, and ...