Honors and Awards
- New Executives to Kentucky, Leadership Kentucky and the Kentucky Cabinet for Economic Development, 2017
- Service Learning Mentor of the Year, Murray State University, 2016
- Future Philanthropic Educator Fellow, Learning by Giving Foundation, 2015
- 2014 IUPUI Chancellor’s Scholar, 2014
- ARNOVA Emerging Scholars Award, 2013
- Grant-making and Philanthropic Foundations
- Policy, Legal Issues, and Advocacy for Social Change in Nonprofit Organizations
- The Nonprofit Sector and Civil Society
- Nonprofit Organization Development, Management, and Leadership
|2014||Ph.D. in Philanthropic Studies, Indiana University|
|2007||Master in International Studies in Philanthropy and Social Innovation, University of Bologna|
|2005||Laurea Quadriennale in History, University of Bologn|
Book chapters (2)
Contribution to Book
Transnational Asymmetries: U.S. philanthropic foundations and the German School ...
German Philanthropy in Transatlantic Perspective. Perceptions, Exchanges and Transfers since the Early Twentieth Century (2016)
Peter Weber analyzes the relationship between the German School of Politics and US philanthropic foundations. The intellectuals close to the ...
Peer-Reviewed Articles (6)
The Paradoxical Modernity of Civil Society: the Weimar Republic, Democracy ...
Voluntas: International Journal of Voluntary and Nonprofit Organizations (2015)
Civil society theory has rarely been applied to the demise of the Weimar Republic. Emphasizing either the absence of intermediary ...
Ethnic Identity during War: The Case of German-American Societies during ...
Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly (2014)
Social, economic, and political transformations have traditionally complicated the balance between individual liberties and common good (or national needs). In ...
Modernity, Civil Society, and Sectarianism: The Egyption Muslim Brotherhood and ...
Voluntas: International Journal of Voluntary and Nonprofit Organizations (2013)
By emphasizing civil society’s ambiguous relationship with modernity, the author proposes a discursive definition of civil society that draws on ...