Honors and Awards
- Honored as mentor of recipients of Mu Alpha Theta Award for “The Most Challenging, Thorough, and Creative Investigation of a Problem Involving Mathematics Accessible to a High School Student,” 2013
- College of Natural Sciences Dean’s Award for Teaching Excellence in Departmental Programs, 2010
- Class of 1943 Faculty Award for Excellence in Teaching, 2006
- College of Natural Sciences Dean’s Award for Teaching Excellence in Departmental Programs, 1997
- College of Natural Sciences Dean’s Award for Teaching Excellence in General Education, 1997
- Nominated for Associate Dean, College of Natural Sciences, 2006
- Nominated for Regents’ Award for Faculty Excellence, 2006
- Nominated for Dean’s Award for Teaching Excellence in Departmental Programs, 2008
- d for Dean’s Award for Teaching Excellence in Departmental Programs, 2007
- Nominated for Dean’s Award for Teaching Excellence in Departmental Programs, 2005
- Sigma Pi Sigma, Honor Society Membership
- Conceptual Physics
- Elements of Physics (no longer offered)
- General Physics I
- General Physics II
- Physics I for Science & Engineering
- Physics II for Science & Engineering
- Physics III: Theory & Simulation
- Modern Physics
- Modern Physics Laboratory
- Classical Mechanics
- Quantum Mechanics
- Computational Physics
- Physics of Modern Materials
- Applied Quantum Physics (no longer offered)
- Physics Seminar
- Magnetic Properties of Materials (Summer 2000, U. of Nebraska-Lincoln
University of Northern Iowa
Physics Building 215
Cedar Falls, IA 50614-0150
Office: PHY 215
Phone: (319) 273-2425
Comparison of magnetic behavior in nanostructured and crystalline forms of ...
Bulletin of the American Physical Society (2018)
We have made temperature- and field-dependent dc magnetization and ac susceptibility measurements on polycrystalline Mn-intercalated TaS2(MnxTaS2) for concentrations x of Mn in ...
Simulated structural and magnetic behavior of Mn-Ti intercalated dichalcogenide crystals.
Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter (2016)
We present the results of extensive Monte Carlo simulations of intercalated manganese– titanium (Mn–Ti) layered TiS2 crystals. The computational model ...
Critical Properties of the Paramagnetic-to-Ferromagnetic Transition in Nanocrystalline Gd Diluted ...
Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials (2010)
Nanocrystalline Gd0.946Fe0.054 of average grain size 68 nm was prepared by melt-spinning. The magnetic behavior in the vicinity of the ...
Spin-Glass Ordering in the Layered III-VI Diluted Magnetic Semiconductor Ga1 ...
Journal of Applied Physics (2010)
Magnetization and acsusceptibilitymeasurements on single crystalline Ga1−xMnxS (x=0.09) have been measured near the spin-glasstransition. No other III-VI diluted magnetic semiconductor(DMS) ...
Magnetic Behavior of the II–V-Diluted Magnetic Semiconductor Cd1−xMnxSb
Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials (2009)
Polycrystalline samples of the II–V-diluted magnetic semiconductor Cd1−xMnxSb (x=0.05–0.20) were synthesized. Standard high temperature ceramic methods under an inert atmosphere ...
Electronic and magnetic phase transitions in (Sm0.65Sr0.35)MnO3 ...
Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials (2007)
Temperature (4.2–260 K) and magnetic field (0–50 kOe) dependencies of the DC electrical resistance, DC magnetization, and AC magnetic susceptibility of (Sm0.65Sr0.35)MnO3prepared ...
Disorder-induced depression of the Curie temperature in mechanically milled GdAl2
Faculty Publications: Materials Research Science and Engineering Center (2004)
The effect of disorder on the ferromagnetic transition is investigated in mechanically milled GdAl2. GdAl2is a ferromagnet when crystalline and ...