|Present||Associate Professor, Utah State University ‐ Quinney College of Natural Resources, Watershed Sciences|
Honors and Awards
- Department of Watershed Sciences Graduate Research Mentor of the Year Award, 2013
- Belmont et al., (2011, ES&T) Highlighted as an Editor’s Choice in Science October 21, 2011
- Gangodagamage et al., (2011, WRR) Selected as WRR Featured Article, Recognized in AGU Research Spotlight, EOS. volume 92, number 34
- Commencement Speaker, Lehigh University, Spring, 2007 Graduation Ceremony
- Graduate Student Leadership Award, Lehigh University, 2007
- TA of the Year, EES Department, Lehigh University, 2005
- Robert K. Fahnestock Memorial Research Award Recipient for 2005, GSA QG&G Division
- J. Hoover Mackin Award Recipient for 2005, GSA QG&G Division
|August 2003 - August 2007||Ph.D., Lehigh University|
|July 2001 - July 2003||M.S., Lehigh University|
|September 1996 - May 2000||B.S., Texas Christian University|
Peer-Reviewed Publications (21)
Landscape-scale geomorphic change detection: Quantifying spatially variable uncertainty and circumventing ...
Repeat surveys of high-resolution topographic data enable analysis of geomorphic change through digital elevation model (DEM) differencing. Such analyses are ...
Toward generalizable sediment fingerprinting with tracers that are conservative and ...
Journal of Soils and Sediments (2014)
We show that measurements of conservative and nonconservative tracers (e.g., long- and short-lived radionuclides) can provide spatially integrated, yet temporally ...
TerEx Toolbox for semi-automated selection of fluvial terrace and floodplain ...
Earth Surface Processes and Landforms (2014)
Terraces and floodplains are important indicators of near-channel sediment dynamics, serving as potential sediment sources and sinks. Increasing availability of ...
Landscape evolution, valley excavation, and terrace development following abrupt postglacial ...
Geological Society of America Bulletin (2013)
Many high-latitude fluvial systems are adjusting to base-level changes since the last glaciation. Channels that experienced base-level fall may still ...
Revisiting scaling laws in river basins: New considerations across hillslope ...
Water Resources Research (2011)
Increasing availability of high‐resolution (1 m) topography data and enhanced computational processing power present new opportunities to study landscape organization ...
Utah State University: Watershed Sciences Graduate Student Introduction Course
University of Wyoming National Park Service Research Center Annual Report (2011)
State University Department of Watershed Sciences runs an introductory course for all incoming graduate students (13 in Fall 2011) immediately ...