|Present||Assistant Professor, Utah State University ‐ Teacher Education and Leadership|
Culture, language and community in ESL/Bilingual Education, Anthropological and ethnographic approaches to the study of multilingual schooling, Educational linguistics and diverse student populations, Migration and education, Ethnic identity, agency, and social movements, Indigenous knowledge and tribal education, and Education and development in Latin America
Honors and Awards
- Visiting Professor, College of Education (2009)
- Visiting Professor, Teaching Research Institute (2007-2008)
- Ford Foundation Pre-Dissertation Research Fellow (2002)
- Title VII Bilingual Education Fellowship (2000-2003)
- TEAL 6710: Diversity in Education
- TEAL 4760/6760: Foundations of ESL/Bilingual Education
- ED 4710/6710: Strategies for the ESL
- ED 4710: Diversity in Education
Phone: (435) 797-3946
Location: EDUC 339
Indigenous Knowledge and Language: De-Colonizing Culturally Relevant Pedagogy in a ...
Canadian Journal of Native Education (2009)
This article illustrates how Mapuche Indigenous knowledge (Kimün) and language (Mapudungun) incorporated into an Intercultural Bilingual Education (IBE) program of ...