About Patricia Blocksome
I am an instructor of Social Science at the School of Advanced Military Studies, US Army Command and General Staff College, Fort Leavenworth. Concurrently, I serve as a non-resident instructor at Joint Special Operations University, United States Special Operations Command, MacDill Air Force Base, and at the United States Air Force Special Operations School, Air Force Special Operations Command, Hurlburt Field.
I am the assistant vice president for research at the Special Operations Research Association (http://specopsjournal.org/) and the managing editor of its professional journal, Special Operations Journal (http://www.tandfonline.com/loi/uops20).
My research focuses on strategies of sub-state political violence by rebel groups, including extremism, terrorism, insurgency, and civil war; special operations forces, campaigns, and strategic utility; asymmetric, irregular, unconventional, unrestricted and hybrid warfare; transregional threat networks and linkages between rebel groups and transnational criminal organizations; sociocultural issues in conflict, including gendered combatants; and peacekeeping, stability, and shaping operations.
I am a Ph.D. candidate in Security Studies at Kansas State University.
special operations, security studies, unconventional warfare, irregular warfare, hybrid warfare, asymmetric warfare, counterterrorism, counterinsurgency, strategic studies, peace & conflict studies, international security, internal security, peacekeeping, stability operations, rebel groups, military campaigns, non-state actors, transregional threat networks, sociocultural issues in warfare, gendered combatants, and counter extremism
- Contemporary Operational Art
- Morality and War
- Strategic Context of Operational Art
- Theory of Operational Art
- Violent Extremist Organizations' Virtual & Physical Operations Environments
- Extremist Exploitation of Under-Governed Spaces & Peoples
- Support Mechanisms Exploitable by Violent Extremist Organizations
- Structures that Support Violent Extremist Organizations
- The Stakeholders and Methods to Support Violent Extremist Organizations
- The Role of Culture & Identity in Insurgent Warfare
- Fundamentals of Unconventional Warfare
Internal Security Forces: Their Capability, Legitimacy, and Effect on Internal ...
InterAgency Study | Arthur D. Simons Center for the Study of Interagency Cooperation (2013)
This study examines the relationship between internal security forces (ISF) and sub-state political violence. The author looks at how civil ...