Southeast Asia Regional Conference on the System of Rice Intensification (SRI) 2015 Proceeding (SEA Regional Conference on the SRI 2015)(2015)
I 'm editor to publish conference work.
The Conference was an overwhelming success, attracting 200 delegates, speakers and sponsors from 12 countries and provided great intellectual and social interaction for the participants.
I would like to convey my deepest appreciation to the participants, co-organizers, supporting agencies, sponsors and conference staffs for the contribution.
Dr. Zakirah Othman
SEA Regional Conference SRI 2015 Secretariat
Much has been heard about SRI, and many groups and farmers have embarked on the journey of sustainability through SRI. Nonetheless, the economic potential of SRI and its capacity to enhance the quality of life of farmers and consumers deserves specific attention. This conference will bring forth expert views and experiences of professionals, practitioners or farmers to share and exchange information on the contribution of SRI in innovating shared market value in rice production and trade. The overall objective of this Conference is to promote innovations, either technological, social or business that can lead to improved farmers’ livelihoods and quality of life for farmers and consumers through value creation of SRI. The specific objectives of this Conference are:
- To explore various technological, social and business innovations that have been derived or created from SRI
- To raise awareness on the market potential of SRI and products/services derived from SRI
- To promote regional networking of relevant stakeholders as means of expanding demand for sustainable SRI rice trade
- To highlight and document key recommendations for SRI integration in sustainable development policies nationally, regionally and internationally
- System of Rice Intensification,
Publication DateDecember 28, 2015
Citation InformationOthman Zakirah and Noor Hidayah Abu. Southeast Asia Regional Conference on the System of Rice Intensification (SRI) 2015 Proceeding (SEA Regional Conference on the SRI 2015). (2015)
Available at: http://works.bepress.com/othman-zakirah/2/