|Present||Professor and Associate Dean,, University of South Carolina - Columbia|
|Present||The Graduate School, University of South Carolina - Columbia|
Program Evaluation and Teacher Educators and Teacher Education
Honors and Awards
- 2009 Columbia United FC Academy Coach of the Year
- 2007 Research Consortium of AAHPERD, inducted as a Fellow
- 2002 South Carolina Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance Outstanding Scholar Award
- PEDU 850: Research, Theory, and Practice of Teacher Education in Physical Education
- PEDU 732: Curriculum Development in Physical Education
- PEDU 729: Study of the Teaching of Physical Education
- PEDU 704: Readings and Research in Physical Education Teaching and Teacher Education
- PEDU 703: conceptual Issues in Teaching Physical Education
- PEDU 462: Instruction in Secondary School Physical Education
- PEDU 451: Teaching Physical Education
- PEDU 446: Physical Education Curriculum
- PEDU 440: Practicum in Secondary School Physical Education
Office: Byrnes 304
Teacher Enthusiasm: Seeking student learning and avoiding apathy
Journal of Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (2013)
Researchers have identified connections between teacher enthusiasm and positive student achievement, test performance, recall, on-task behavior, attitudes toward learning, intrinsic ...
Choosing a Career in Athletic Training: Exploring the Perceptions of ...
Journal of Teaching in Physical Education (2008)
The success of any academic program, including athletic training, depends upon attracting and keeping quality students. Therefore, understanding potential recruits' ...