|2015 - Present||Associate Professor, Georgia Southern University ‐ Public Health, Jiann-Ping Hsu College of|
|2014 - Present||Affiliate, Institute for Interdisciplinary STEM Education, Georgia Southern University ‐ Institute for Interdisciplinary STEM Education|
|2011 - Present||Prevention Fellow, Florida Prevention Research Center, University of South Florida|
|2011 - Present||Research Lead, Georgia Southern University ‐ Center for Addiction Recovery|
|Present||Associate Professor, Georgia Southern University ‐ Health Policy and Community Health, Department of|
|2010 - 2015||Assistant Professor of Community Health Behavior and Education, Georgia Southern University|
Honors and Awards
- Member, Arts & Sciences Honor Society (1996)
- Member, Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi (1996)
- Member, Honor Society of PsiChi (1996)
- Dean's List of Scholars, College of Public Health, University of South Florida (1998)
- National Dean's List (1998-1999)
- Recipient, Merit-Based Scholarship for Exemplary Academic Performance, College of Public Health, University of South Florida (1999)
- Induction, American Academy of Health Behavior (2010)
- Appointment, Prevention Fellow, Florida Prevention Research Center, University of South Florida College of Public Health (2011)
- Recipient, Outstanding Teaching and Mentoring Award, Jiann-Ping Hsu College of Public Health, Georgia Southern University (2013)
- Fellow, Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, Georgia Southern University (2014)
- Eagle Leadership Development Program, Georgia Southern University (2015-2016)
- Governor's Teaching Fellow, University System of Georgia Southern University (2015-2016)
- Recipient, Kathryn Grube Unsung Hero Award, Georgia Southern University (2017)
- Community Health Analysis, Master’s Level Course (Online & In Class)
- Research Methods in Public Health, Master’s Level Course (Online & In Class)
- Social and Behavioral Sciences in Public Health, Master’s Level Course (Online & In Class)
- Concepts of Health Promotion, Undergraduate Level Course (Online)
- Public and Global Health, Undergraduate Level Course (Developed Online Course)
- Ecological Program Evaluation, Master’s Level Course (Online & In Class)
- Research Methods, Master’s Level Course (Online & In Class)
- Program Planning and Program Evaluation, DrPH Level Course (Developing Online Course, Online & In Class Instruction)
- Introduction to Social Marketing (Developed Online Course)
- Mixed Methods Research, PhD Level Course (Online)
- Research Methods & Designs, PhD Level Course (Online)
- Qualitative Research, PhD Level Course (Online)
- Market Research and Analysis (Online)
- Communication Advocacy, DrPH Level Course
- Doctoral Seminar, DrPH Level Course
|2007||Ph.D. in Curriculum and Instruction, University of Florida|
|2000||M.S. in Public Health, Social and Behavioral Sciences, University of South Florida|
|1997||B.A. in Psychology, University of South Florida|
PO Box 8015
Statesboro, GA 30460
Phone: (912) 478-0966
Published Articles (47)
Development and Psychometric Testing of the Childhood Obesity Perceptions (COP ...
Evaluation and Program Planning (2016)
Currently, public health practitioners are analyzing the role that caregivers play in childhood obesity efforts. Assessing African American caregiver’s perceptions ...
Translating Research into Practice: Employing Community-Based Mixed Methods Approaches to ...
Journal of Behavioral Health Services & Research (2016)
The co-occurrence of depression and chronic diseases is often under-recognized, under-treated, and under-studied. Among Latinos, complex structural and cultural barriers ...
Contribution to Book
Addressing Obesity and Associated Medical Conditions in Latino Immigrant Communities ...
The Applied Anthropology of Obesity: Prevention, Intervention, and Identity (2015)
Georgia Southern University faculty members Lohn S. Luque, Moya L. Alfonso, and Yelena N. Tarasenko co-authored "Addressing Obesity and Associated ...
Cultural Beliefs and Understandings of Cervical Cancer among Mexican Immigrant ...
Journal of Immigrant and Minority Health (2015)
Rural Mexican immigrant women in the U.S. are infrequently screened and experience health disparities from cervical cancer. We explored cancer-related ...
Adapting a Community-Based Physical Activity Promotion Program for Rural, Diverse ...
The Physical Educator (2014)
With school-aged youth spending less time in physical education, school–community–university partnerships offer potential to promote physical activity among school-aged youth. ...