|2015 - Present||Affiliate, Georgia Southern University ‐ Institute for Interdisciplinary STEM Education|
|2012 - Present||Associate Professor, Georgia Southern University ‐ Engineering and Computing, Allen E. Paulson College of|
|Present||Associate Professor, Georgia Southern University ‐ Mechanical Engineering, Department of|
Honors and Awards
- Received Tenure and promotion to Associate Professor Rank, Mechanical Engineering Department, Georgia Southern University, Statesboro, GA, USA, (2012)
- Received Tenure and promotion to Assistant Professor Rank, Mechanical Engineering Department, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology, Dhaka, Bangladesh, (2000)
- Georgia Southern University COST Research Award with Dr. Gustavo Molina (2009)
- Distinct honor award recipient of the Graduate Student Research Poster Competition held at the Structural Composites Conference Birmingham, Alabama (2006)
- Energy Science Laboratory (MENG 4210)
- Heat Transfer (ENGR 3233)
- Heat Transfer (MENG 3233)
- Fluid Mechanics (ENGR 3235)
- Comp. study on wind energy (TMAE 7891)
- Introduction to FEA with Laboratory (MENG 5136)
PO Box 8045
Statesboro, GA 30460
Phone: (912) 478-5004
Office: ENGR 2126
Peer Reviewed Conference and Proceedings Publication (43)
Computational Analysis of Laminar Natural Convection in Rectangular Enclosures of ...
Proceedings of the ASME 2012 International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition (IMECE2012) (2012)
Natural convection in rectangular enclosures is found in many real-world engineering applications. Included in these applications are the energy efficient ...
Fabrication of Polyurethane Based Fabric Composite Shaft and its Experimental ...
Conference Proceedings for ASME 2012 Annual Conference (2012)
Semi-rigid urethane based fiber composite shafts are fabricated by high pressure injection molding process. The samples are made in Georgia ...
Experimental Investigation and Finite Element Modeling Analysis of Photostictive Optical ...
ASME 2012 annual conference (2012)
Photostrictive materials are lanthanum-modified lead zirconatetitanate (Pb, La)(Zr, Ti) O3 ceramics doped with WO3, called PLZT, exhibit large photostriction under uniform ...
Exploratory Research in Erosion Effects of Nanofluids on Metallic Materials
2012 TMS Annual Meeting & Exhibition, Fatigue and Corrosion Damage in Metallic Materials: Fundamentals, Modeling and Prevention Symposium (2012)
Nanofluids are fluids containing engineered colloidal suspensions of nanoparticles in ordinary base fluids, that are of interest for cooling systems ...
Behavior of Methane Flame in the Channel Type Meso-combustors
50th AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting including the New Horizons Forum and Aerospace Exposition, Aerospace Sciences Meetings (2012)
Due to the abundant nature of hydrocarbon fuels, combustion of methane is very promising in the field of micro-combustion. In ...
Aerodynamic Performance Analysis of Three Bladed Savonius Wind Turbine with ...
ASME 2010 International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition (2010)
Considerable improvements in the aerodynamic performance of a vertical axis wind turbine (VAWT) can be achieved by integrating computational fluid ...
Refereed Journal Articles (5)
Wind Tunnel Testing and Numerical Simulation on Aerodynamic Performance of ...
International Journal of Energy and Environmental Engineering (IJEEE) (2013)
The purpose of this research work is to investigate experimentally and computationally the feasibility of improving the performance of the ...
Experimental Investigation and Finite Element Modeling Analysis of Photostrictive Optical ...
ASME 2012 annual conference (2012)
Photostrictive materials are lanthanum-modified lead zirconatetitanate (Pb, La)(Zr, Ti) O3 ceramics doped with WO3, called PLZT, exhibit large photostriction under ...