|Present||Associate Professor, Iowa State University ‐ Department of Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering|
Honors and Awards
- Black and Veatch “Building a World of Difference” Faculty Fellow, 2011
- PEO Scholar Award, 2007
- EPA Science to Achieve Results (STAR) Graduate Fellowship, 2006
- USDA National Need Doctoral Fellowship, 2003
- ASABE Student Engineer of the Year, 1999
- Nonpoint Source Pollution and Control
- TMDL Development and Implementation
- Design and Evaluation of Soil and Water Monitoring Systems
|2008||PhD in Biological Systems Engineering, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University|
|1999||BS, Kansas State University|
605 Bissell Rd
Ames, IA 50011
Peer-Reviewed Articles (52)
Salmonella and Fecal Indicator Bacteria Survival in Soils Amended with ...
Water, Air, and Soil Pollution (2018)
Minimizing the risks associated with manure-borne pathogenic microorganisms requires an understanding of microbial survival under realistic field conditions. The objective ...
Simulation of Daily Flow Pathways, Tile-Drain Nitrate Concentrations, and Soil-Nitrogen ...
Journal of the American Water Resources Association (2017)
Tile drainage significantly alters flow and nutrient pathways and reliable simulation at this scale is needed for effective planning of ...
Mitigating Ammonia Emissions from Liquid-Sprayed Litter of Cage-Free Hen House ...
Agricultural and Biosystems Engineering Conference Proceedings and Presentations (2017)
A number of restaurant chains, retailers, and grocers in the US have pledged to source cage-free (CF) eggs only in ...