Honors and Awards
- 2013 - Idaho Humanities Council Major Grant
- 2013 - Community Collaborations Fellow, Arts and Humanities Institute, Boise State University, "Documenting Refugee Languages – a Dictionary and Grammar of Mushungulu”
- 2011 - Outstanding Faculty Member, BSU English Department (student votes)
- 2011 - Golden Apple Teaching Award, ASBSU (student votes)
- Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- 2008 - Final Year Dissertation Fellowship
- 2008 - USC University Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award
- 2005, 2007 - Del Amo Graduate Fellowship for Spanish Research
1910 University Drive
Boise ID 83725-1525
Contributions to Books (2)
Conference Proceedings (3)
Specific Exceptions Driving Variation: The Role of Orthography in Modern ...
Proceedings of the 2015 Annual Meetings on Phonology (2015)
This paper reports results from a production experiment examining the patterns of variation in the morphophonemic alternations present in spirantization ...
Exceptionality and Variation in Modern Hebrew Spirantization
Proceedings of the 27th West Coast Conference on Formal Linguistics (2008)
This paper presents an analysis of allophony, exceptionality, and variation in Modern Hebrew spirantization within a single grammar. The proposed ...
Refereed Linguistics Presentations (14)
Language Documentation and Resettlement: Collaborations Between New Americans and Linguists
University of Texas at Arlington Student Conference in Linguistics & TESOL (2015)
Each year, thousands of refugees from around the world are resettled in the United States. Although their personal effects are ...
Technology in the Linguistics Classroom: Instructor and Student Perspective
Linguistic Society of America (2013)
This poster will highlight best practices for incorporating technology into the linguistics classroom. From facilitating real-time feedback in large lecture-style ...