|Present||Associate Professor, Department of Biological Sciences, Boise State University ‐ Department of Biological Sciences|
Honors and Awards
- 2011-2014: Co-PI, National Science Foundation Biological Research Collections Grant Award, "Southwest Idaho: The Comprehensive Herbaria", $365,815
- 2009-2012: PI, National Science Foundation Revisionary Syntheses in Systematics Grant Award, "Phylogenetic and Revisionary Systematics of Early-Diverging, Ecologically Unique Clades of Fungi, Harpellales and Asellariales", $410,000
- 2010-2011: Co-PI, USDA Agriculture and Food Research Initiative (AFRI) Competitive Grants Program Award Project, "Functional Biodiversity of Native Mycorrhizae During Early Development of Big Sagebrush: A Step(pe) Towards Restoring Sagebrush Ecosystems", $149,451
- BIOL 192 General Biology II
- BIOL 330 Mycology Lecture & Laboratory
- BIOL 498/598 Graduate Seminar “Rivers & Microbes"
Influences of a Prolific Gut Fungus (Zancudomyces culisetae) on Larval ...
Applied and Environmental Microbiology (2020)
Adult mosquitoes inherit a bacterial community from larvae via transstadial transmission, an understudied process that may influence host-microbe interactions. Microbes ...
Assessing the Potential Effects of Fungicides on Nontarget Gut Fungi ...
JAWRA Journal of the American Water Resources Association (2014)
Fungicides are moderately hydrophobic and have been detected in water and sediment, particularly in agricultural watersheds, but typically are not ...
Nuclear Ribosomal Internal Transcribed Spacer (ITS) Region as a Universal ...
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America (2012)
Six DNA regions were evaluated as potential DNA barcodes for Fungi, the second largest kingdom of eukaryotic life, by a ...