|2016 ‐ Present||Professor, School of Social Work, San Jose State University ‐ School of Social Work|
|2011 ‐ 2016||Associate Professor, San Jose State University ‐ School of Social Work|
|2005 ‐ 2011||Assistant Professor, San Jose State University ‐ School of Social Work|
|2004 ‐ 2005||Adjunct Faculty Member, San Jose State University ‐ School of Social Work|
Honors and Awards
- May 2010 Nomination for Outstanding Professor Award, San Jose State University (SJSU)
- May 2008 College of Applied Sciences and Arts (CASA) Faculty Award, SJSU
- May 2004 Outstanding Graduate Student Instructor Award, School of Social Welfare, University of California, Berkeley
- 2003-2004 Recipient of the Dean’s Fellowship, School of Social Welfare, University of California, Berkeley
- 2001-2003 Graduate Student Researcher Fellowship, School of Social Welfare, University of California, Berkeley
- 2002 Outstanding Graduate Student Scholarship, School of Social Welfare, University of California, Berkeley
- 1997-1998 Dean’s Scholarship, George Warren Brown School of Social Work, Washington University, St. Louis
- SCWK 110: Foundation of Generalist Social Work Practice
- SCWK 111: Generalist Social Work Practice I
- SCWK 112: Generalist Social Work Practice II
- SCWK 141: Field Practicum Seminar I
- SCWK 142: Field Practicum Seminar II
- SCWK 240: Research Method and Design I
- SCWK 242: Research Method and Design II
- SCWK 298 I & II: Special Study
|December 2004||PhD, University of California - Berkeley ‐ School of Social Welfare|
|August 1998||M.S.W., Washington University in Saint Louis ‐ George Warren Brown School of Social Work|
|February 1995||B.A., Chung-Ang University ‐ Department of Social Welfare|
|February 1993||BS, Hallym University ‐ Department of Chemistry|
Telephone: (408) 924-5825
Works in Progress (3)
Improving Social Work Education in Vietnam Through International Cooperation: The ...
Social Work Education: The International Journal (2015)
This paper describes an initiative to improve social work education in Vietnam through a three-year international collaborative, including US Aid ...
Acculturation and Post-migration Stress in Middle-aged Chinese Immigrant Women in ...
Journal of Human Behavior in the Social Environment (2012)
This study examines acculturation and post-migration stress in 204 Fujianese immigrant women and 162 female immigrants from other parts of ...
Characteristics and factors impacting reunification outcomes among Vietnamese immigrant families ...
Children and Youth Services Review (2012)
Using a mixed methods approach, this study examined reunification processes and outcomes among Vietnamese immigrant families involved in the child ...
Reunification outcomes among Mexican immigrant families in the child welfare ...
Children and Youth Services Review (2011)
This study examined reunification outcomes among Mexican immigrant families involved in the child welfare system, and compared characteristics of Mexican-origin ...
Stress and Coping with a Professional Challenge in Entering Masters ...
Journal of Religion & Spirituality in Social Work: Social Thought (2009)
The study examined the role of religiosity, spirituality, and self‐compassion in responding to a professional stressor among first year masters ...
Parental Acculturation, Parental Involvement, Intergenerational Relationship and Adolescent Outcomes in ...
Journal of Immigrant & Refugee Studies (2008)
The study examined the contribution of parental acculturation, parental involvement, and intergenerational relationship to well-being in Filipino American adolescents. Informed ...