Honors and Awards
- (2015) American Heart Association's 2015 Epidemiology and Prevention Early Career Travel Grant
- (2015) Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health Postdoctoral Association Travel Award
- (2015) Finalist to participate in the American Society of Nutrition's Emerging Leaders in Nutrition Science Poster Competition at Experimental Biology
- (2014) Selected as participant for the American Heart Association's 40th Ten-Day Seminar on the Epidemiology and Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease
- (2014) Boston Nutrition Obesity Research Center (BNORC) Travel Award
- (2014) Recipient of Diversity Selection Poster Award at The Obesity Society Annual Meeting
- (2014) 2nd place in the Boston Nutrition Obesity Research's Annual Meeting 2014 Poster Competition
- (2014) Winner of NYU Steinhardt's 2014 Outstanding Dissertation Award (one of the 21 nominated among the 70 earned doctorates)
- (2014) Nominated and selected as Alternate Student Speaker to represent Ph.D and Ed.D graduates at Doctoral Convocation
- (2013) 2nd place (of >75 entries) in the Nutritional Epidemiology Research Interest Section Poster Competition at Experimental Biology 2013
- (2012) American Heart Association Cardiovascular Nursing Travel Award
- (2011) American Dietetic Association Diversity Scholarship
- (2010) Dean's Professional Development Fund Award, Steinhardt School, NYU
- (2010) New York State Dietetic Association Scholarship
- (2008-2010) New York University Graduate Research Assistantship
- (2005-2008) Boston University merit-based tuition scholarship and GPA scholarship
- (2004-2005) Eastern Collegiate Athletic Conference Scholar Athlete of the Year
- (2004-2005) Co-Captain of Brown University Varsity Gymnastics Team
- (2004-2005) Eastern Collegiate Athletic Conference Coach's Choice Award
- (2002-2005) Academic All-American
- (2002-2005) Eastern Collegiate Athletic Conference Scholar Athlete Honor Roll
- (2002-2005) Sigma Xi Science Honors
- (2002-2005) National Dean's List
- (2001-2002) Dean's List and National Society of Collegiate Scholars
- Special Topics in Nutritional Epidemiology
- Food, Nutrition, and People
- Nutrition in the Life Cycle II
|2013 ‐ 2015||Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Harvard University ‐ School of Public Health|
|2008 ‐ 2013||PhD, New York Univeristy ‐ Nutrition|
|2005 ‐ 2008||MS, Boston University ‐ Nutrition and Dietetics|
|2002 ‐ 2005||BA, Brown University ‐ Human Biology|
|2001 ‐ 2002||Boston College ‐ Biology|
Dietary Variety/Diet Quality (6)
Diet and Cancer (4)
Metabolic Dysregulation of the Insulin-Glucose Axis and Risk of Obesity-Related ...
Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention (2013)
Background: Obesity-related dysregulation of the insulin–glucose axis is hypothesized in carcinogenesis.We studied impaired fasting glucose (IFG) and other markers of ...
Lifestyle, Anthropometric, and Obesity-Related Physiologic Determinants of Insulin-like Growth Factor-1 ...
Annals of Epidemiology (2010)
PURPOSE: Epidemiologic studies suggest that insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) is associated with obesity and, more recently, cancer. This study investigates ...
Eating Behavior/Food Policy (4)
Consumer Purchasing Patterns in Response to Calorie Labeling Legislation in ...
International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity (2011)
Background: Obesity is a major public health threat and policies aimed at curbing this epidemic are emerging.National calorie labeling legislation ...