- Oregon Department of Education -- Strategic planning -- Evaluation,
- Oregon Department of Education -- Management,
- Oregon Department of Education -- Organizational effectiveness
In November 2012, the Oregon Department of Education (ODE) entered into an Intergovernmental Agreement with Portland State University’s (PSU) Center for Public Service (CPS). This agreement outlines the scope of work for CPS to perform a Functional Analysis and Operations Review of ODE. The Scope of Work includes:
1. Conduct interviews with key ODE personnel, Oregon Department of Justice (DOJ) legal advisors, Oregon Department of Administrative Services (DAS) staff, and education community key stakeholders. Interviews will be used to determine the extent to which existing ODE personnel have the understanding and tools needed to effectively perform their jobs consistent with the Agency’s organizational mission.
2. Develop a description and analysis of current agency functions and activities.
3. Prepare a recommendation of proposed organizational changes, strategies, budget proposals, and management initiatives for the Agency.
4. Develop both an internal and external set of tools for strategic planning and organizational improvements.