Delivery of quality patient care and management of patient outcomes is critical to the success of academic medical centers in the ever-changing health care market. The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics (UIHC) promotes quality care through the provision of organizational structures and processes that are described in this article. In addition, quality of care and outcomes management are described by members in various roles within the UIHC health care system. It is the authors' belief that understanding quality from these various perspectives helps UIHC work across departments to achieve excellence in patient care.
- Attitude of Health Personnel,
- Multi-Institutional Systems/organization & administration,
- Nursing Service,
- Hospital/organization & administration,
- Outcome and Process Assessment (Health Care)/organization & administration,
- Total Quality Management/organization & administration
Available at: http://works.bepress.com/mary_berg/5/