About Elaine R. Martin
As an award-winning library executive, researcher, and educator with more than 25 years of experience, I have raised more than $18 million during my tenure as the Director of Library Services of UMass Medical School’s Lamar Soutter Medical Library and Director of the National Network of Libraries of Medicine, New England region. Having held leadership roles with the Medical Library Association, Association of Academic Health Sciences Libraries, and Boston Library Consortium, I am also the founding editor-in-chief of Journal of E-Science Librarianship and serve on the editorial board on the Journal of Electronic Resources in Medical Libraries. I also teach courses in medical librarianship and e-science data management at Simmons College Graduate School of Library and Information Sciences and the University of Rhode Island.
Information and Library Science
Honors and Awards
- Chancellor’s Award for Advancing the UMMS Mission, University of Massachusetts Medical School (2014)
- University of Massachusetts Graduate School of Nursing Dean’s Award for “outstanding contribution to graduate nursing as voted by the faculty” (2009)
- Medical Library Association Public Health/Health Administration Section Research Award for Outstanding Research Paper (2007)
- University of Massachusetts President’s Award for Public Service (2006)
- T. Mark Hodges International Service Award, Medical Library Association (2016)
- Health Sciences Librarianship, University of Rhode Island, Kingston, RI
- Medical Librarianship, Simmons College, Boston, MA
Lamar Soutter Library
University of Massachusetts Medical School
55 Lake Avenue North
Worcester, MA 01655
Overcoming inertia: increasing public health departments' access to evidence-based information ...
Preventive and Behavioral Medicine Publications and Presentations (2014)
In 2010, the New England Region-National Network of Libraries of Medicine at University of Massachusetts Medical School received funding to ...
Building an e-Science Portal for Librarians: A Model of Collaboration
Journal of eScience Librarianship (2012)
The e-Science Portal for New England Librarians (http://esciencelibrary.umassmed.edu) is an openly accessible website targeted specifically for librarians working in research ...