About Elaine R. Martin
Elaine Russo Martin, DA, is director of the Lamar Soutter Library of the University of Massachusetts Medical School. The library serves under contract by the National Library of Medicine as the Regional Medical Library for the six New England States and Dr. Martin also serves as the director of that program. Before joining UMass, Dr. Martin was director of the health sciences library at the University of Illinois at Chicago and served in various other professional positions in medical school libraries in Virginia, Washington, D.C. and Washington state. Dr. Martin received her MSLS from the Catholic University of America, Washington, DC. and her doctorate in library science administration from Simmons College, Boston, MA.
Dr. Martin's research interests include: biomedical informatics; consumer health informatics; assessing the information needs of public health workforce; evidence-based public health; and organizational development, in particular leadership and teamwork as they apply to medical libraries.
Honors and Awards
- Chancellor’s Award for Advancing the UMMS Mission, University of Massachusetts Medical School (2014)
- University of Massachusetts Graduate School of Nursing Dean’s Award for “outstanding contribution to graduate nursing as voted by the faculty” (2009)
- Medical Library Association Public Health/Health Administration Section Research Award for Outstanding Research Paper (2007)
- University of Massachusetts President’s Award for Public Service (2006)
- T. Mark Hodges International Service Award, Medical Library Association (2016)
- Health Sciences Librarianship, University of Rhode Island, Kingston, RI
- Medical Librarianship, Simmons College, Boston, MA
Lamar Soutter Library
University of Massachusetts Medical School
55 Lake Avenue North
Worcester, MA 01655
Overcoming inertia: increasing public health departments' access to evidence-based information ...
Preventive and Behavioral Medicine Publications and Presentations (2014)
In 2010, the New England Region-National Network of Libraries of Medicine at University of Massachusetts Medical School received funding to ...
Building an e-Science Portal for Librarians: A Model of Collaboration
Journal of eScience Librarianship (2012)
The e-Science Portal for New England Librarians (http://esciencelibrary.umassmed.edu) is an openly accessible website targeted specifically for librarians working in research ...