Path model of substance abuse.pdfAddictive Behaviors (2016)
A model that more specifically predicts who is most vulnerable to developing addiction was offered.
• The relationship between adverse childhood events (ACE) and substance abuse was mediated by attachments and other variables.
• The path model showed new approaches to RDoC diagnoses and treatments.
• Important relationships between nomothetic, ideographic, and ecological variables were identified.
• Psychological correlates to biological reinforcement deficits were proposed.
- Substance abuse,
- reinforcement deficits,
- ACE RDoC of substance abuse,
- substance abuse interventions
Publication DateWinter December 1, 2016
DOIhttp://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.addbeh.2016.11.016 0306-4603/© 2016 Elsevier Ltd.
Citation InformationMarc A. Lindberg. "Path model of substance abuse.pdf" Addictive Behaviors Vol. 66 Iss. 1 (2016) p. 76 - 82
Available at: http://works.bepress.com/marc_lindberg/6/
Creative Commons license
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons CC_BY-SA International License.