Country Natural Beef: A Maturing Co-op at the CrossroadsBusiness Faculty Publications and Presentations
SponsorAgriculture of the Middle provided funding for this study.
- Ranching -- Case studies,
- Beef cattle -- Cooperative marketing -- United States,
- Beef cattle -- Economic aspects,
- Meat industry and trade -- Sustainability,
- Social responsibility of business -- Case studies
AbstractA Business Base Study of a Group of Northwest Cattle Ranchers that Formed a Co-op to Market Natural Beef Products, in the Face of economic uncertainty and the rise of corporate farms and ranches. Provides an overview of the cattle ranching industry, the history of the co-op, its economic outlook, and future challenges.
Citation InformationPullman, M., Villa-Lobos, V., and Wu, Z. "Country Natural Beef: A Maturing Co-op at the Crossroads," Case Study CGLS-RR-10-02, Center for Global Leadership in Sustainability School of Business Administration, Portland State University.