Honors and Awards
- Animal Science Group, Society of Biology
- UFAW Link Representative
- Deputy Chair of the Animal Group, SEB
- ASAB Ethics Chair and Secretary to Council
- SEB Neurobiology Convenor
- Advanced Animal Husbandry
- Advanced Techniques in Animal Behaviour, Health and Welfare
- Veterinary Parasitology and Public Health
Characterisation of Chemosensory Trigeminal Receptors in the Rainbow Trout, Oncorhynchus ...
Animal Science, Veterinary Medicine, and Zoology (2012)
Trigeminally innervated, mechanically sensitive chemoreceptors (M) were previously identified in rainbow trout, Oncorhynchus mykiss, but it is not known whether ...
Novel Candidate Genes Identified in the Brain during Nociception in ...
Animal Science, Veterinary Medicine, and Zoology (2008)
Recent studies have demonstrated that teleost fish possess nociceptors that detect potentially painful stimuli and that the physiological properties of ...
Nociception in Fish: Stimulus–Response Properties of Receptors on the ...
Animal Science, Veterinary Medicine, and Zoology (2007)
This study examined stimulus–response properties of somatosensory receptors on the head of rainbow trout, Oncorhynchus mykiss, using extracellular recording from ...