The Woman's Library of Bowling GreenLandmark Report (2001)
Before Bowling Green secured a public library, two women's clubs joined in 1898 to create a private lending library for their own study and enjoyment and that of their fellow citizens. As the Woman's Library grew, some 200 members of the public paid a fee for borrowing privileges. By the time the library was donated to the Board of Education in 1913, it boasted 2,500 volumes.
Publication DateMarch, 2001
Citation InformationLynn E. Niedermeier. "The Woman's Library of Bowling Green" Landmark Report (2001)
Available at: http://works.bepress.com/lynn_niedermeier/22/