- Cedarville University
During 2012, the University celebrates the 125th year since its charter by the State of Ohio in January, 1887. This exhibit commemorates these years devoted to Christ-centered higher education highlighting the people, events, and accomplishments which have combined to make Cedarville University what it is today. The story begins with the first classes in the Fall of 1894, continues through the challenges of the Great Depression and World War II, and the transfer of ownership to the Baptist Bible Institute of Cleveland in 1953. What followed then was steady growth and expansion leading to regional accreditation in 1975 and University status in 2000, culminating in the current advances in professional and health sciences programs, graduate degrees, and on-line programs. Two special supplemental exhibits, "Cedarville Football, 1896 - 1952," and "Pioneers of Biblical Education at Cedarville," complement the story of the University's history.
Available at: http://works.bepress.com/lynn_brock/57/