|Present||Professor, University of South Florida St. Petersburg|
Honors and Awards
- 2015 Outstanding Service Award, Division on Career Development and Transition (DCDT)
- 2015 Disability Higher Education Scholar Recognition, American College Personnel Association (ACPA)
- 2012 Viva Award, Office of Students with Disabilities at USFSP, For going above and beyond assisting students with disabilities
- 2001 Outstanding Article: Honorable Mention, Postsecondary Disability Personnel: An Emerging Profession, Published in Journal of Developmental Education, Volume 23, 1999-2000
- 1997 Pi Lambda Theta – Member of the Phi Delta Kappa association, Honors Education Society, University of Connecticut
- FLE 5940 ESOL Practicum. Taught: face-to-face.
- EMR 6052 Introduction to Theories and Practices for Students with Disabilities. Taught: blended.
- ELD 6015 Advanced Theories and Educational Strategies for Students with Specific Learning Disabilities. Taught: blended.
- EEX 6253 Implementing Programs for Students with Disabilities. Taught: blended.
- EEX 6248 Instructional Approaches in Exceptional Education. Taught: face-to-face and blended.
- EEX 6247 Implementing Programs for Students with Disabilities. Taught: face-to-face and blended.
- EEX 6245 Transition Programming for Adolescent and Young Adult Exceptional Students. Taught: face-to-face, blended, and online.
- EEX 6225 Developing Individualized Education Programs for Students with Disabilities. Taught: face-to-face and blended.
- EEX 5752 Enhancing Families: A Pluralistic Perspective. Taught: blended.
- EEX 4941 Special Education Practicum: Varying Exceptionalities. Taught: face-to-face.
- EEX 4764 Instructional and Adaptive Technology. Taught: blended
- EEX 4243 Education of Exceptional Adolescents and Adults. Taught: face-to-face and blended.
- EEX 4070 Integrating the Exceptional Student in the Regular Classroom. Taught: online.
- EEX 4012 Introduction to Special Education. Taught: online.
- EEX 4011 Introduction to Special Education. Taught: face-to-face.
- EDG 6931 Implementing and Evaluating Programs for Students with Disabilities. Taught: face-to-face and blended.
- EDG 4944 Final Internship Supervisor Taught: blended.
- EDG 4880 Field Supervisor – 6-12 Internship Taught: blended
- EDG 4444 Instructional Design & Classroom Management Taught: online.
|Ph.D., University of Connecticut - Storrs ‐ Special Education|
|M.A., University of Florida ‐ Special Education|
|B.S., University of Florida ‐ Psychology (Minor: Education)|
Office: COQ 216E
Peer Reviewed Articles (28)
Building professional dispositions in pre-service special educators : Assessment and instructional ...
Faculty Publications (2007)
Teacher preparation programs, in part due to national accreditation mandates, are beginning to examine assessment and instruction of teacher trainees' ...
Mentoring alternative certification teachers : Implementing an online collaborative consultation community.
Faculty Publications (2007)
Online discussion boards have the potential to provide significant support to beginning teachers; thus, we designed an online collaborative consultation ...
Postsecondary Disability Program Standards and Performance Indicators : Minimum Essentials for ...
Faculty Publications (2006)
The development and dissemination of Program Standards and Performance Indicators for disability services in higher education provides research-based direction for ...