|Present||Student Engagement/Instruction Coordinator & Library Ambassador Program Director, East Tennessee State University ‐ Charles C. Sherrod Library|
Honors and Awards
- 1999 - The Mockingbird, First Place Fiction
- 1999 - Sigma Tau Delta, English Honors Society
- 2002 - Teaching Assistantship, University of Southern Mississippi
- 2003 - Phi Kappa Phi, National Honors Society
- 2004 - Glimmer Train Magazine’s Emerging Writers Contest, First Place Fiction
- 2008 - The Wigleaf Top Fifty, Story “Haircut” Placed in Top Fifty on-Line Short Stories
- 2009 - The Wigleaf Top Fifty, Story "The Sway of Trains” Placed in Top Fifty on-Line Short Stories
- 2010 - The Wigleaf Top Fifty, Story "Arrows” Placed in Top Fifty on-Line Short Stories
- 2011 & 2012 - New Millenium Writer’s Award, Honorable Mention
- 2014 - Florida Review’s Jeanne Leiby Chapbook Award, Second Place
- 2015 - Glimmer Train Flash Fiction, Top 25
- 2016 - Best Small Fictions Anthology, Semifinalist
- 2016 - Pushcart Prize Nomination
- 2016 - Fiction Southeast’s Hells Belles Short Fiction Contest, Finalist
- 2017 - Best Small Fictions Anthology, Finalist
- 2017 - Pushcart Prize Nomination
- 2018 - Pushcart Prize Nomination
- 2019 - Pushcart Prize Nomination
- 2020 - Pushcart Prize Nomination
- CDST 1800-902 - Library Research Skills (Health Section)
- CDST 1800-901 - Library Research Skills (General Section)
|December 2019||MS, Information Sciences, University of Tennessee, Knoxville|
|May 2003||MA, English/Creative Writing, University of Southern Mississippi|
|May 1999||BA, English, East Tennessee State University|
PO Box 70665
Johnson City, TN 37614
Office: Sherrod Library Room 164
Reimagine the Possibilities: Shifting a Peer Reference Program from In-person ...
Georgia International Conference on Information Literacy (2022)
In 2017, the Sherrod Library at East Tennessee State University launched the Library Ambassador Program (LAP), a peer-reference program through ...
Engaging Students in Information Literacy: Lessons from Our Library Ambassador ...
Meeting of the Mid-Atlantic Library Alliance (2019)
The Library Ambassador Program hires approximately 25 undergraduate students each fall and provides them with two semesters of information literacy ...
Making the Transition: Developing a Peer-Mentoring Program Targeting Transfer Students
Workshop for Instruction in Library Use Conference (2019)
In 2017, the ETSU Library developed a peer-mentoring program targeting transfer students from local community colleges. The intent was to ...
Book Contribution (1)
Contribution to Book
Peer Reference to Help Transfer Students Make the Transition
Transfer Student Success: Academic Library Outreach and Engagement (2021)
Book Summary: Tailor your institution’s approach to transfer students using this collection’s creative ideas for orientations, library instruction, partnerships with ...