[From the Editorial]
Luis González Vaqué enriches this edition again, in an article on information to consumers on the absence or reduced presence of gluten in food, by analysing the Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) No 828/2014. He looks briefly at Commission Regulation (EC) No 41/2009 concerning the composition and labelling of foodstuffs suitable for people intolerant to gluten because the Implementing Regulation will only enter into force on 20 July 2016. He also summarizes the Codex Alimentarius Standard for Foods for Special Dietary Use for Persons Intolerant to Gluten (CODEX STAN 118 – 1979), which completes the picture of the legal situation of this matter.
- Regulation (EU) No 828/2014,
- The absence of gluten in foodstuffs,
- Foodstuffs for people intolerant to gluten,
- The terms ‘very low gluten’ and ‘gluten-free’,
- Standard CODEX STAN 118 – 1979
Available at: http://works.bepress.com/luis_gonzalez_vaque/72/