|Present||Associate Professor of Spanish, University of Tennessee, Knoxville|
Honors and Awards
- Recipient of 2010 – 2011 Chancellor’s Excellence in Advising Award, U. of Tennessee.
- Recipient of 2009 – 2010 Faculty Advising Service Award, College of A & S, U. of Tennessee.
- Finalist for the 2009 – 2010 Chancellor’s Advising Award, U. of Tennessee.
- Book subvention award from the Humanities Initiative, U. of Tennessee (2006).
- Professional Development Award from the University of Tennessee to continue research on the metaphorization of violence in contemporary Colombian novel (2005).
- Recipient of 2004 - 2005 Chancellor’s Outstanding Teacher Award, U. of Tennessee.