|Present||Faculty Physician, Family Health Center of Worcester, University of Massachusetts Medical School|
|Present||Professor, University of Massachusetts Medical School ‐ Department of Family Medicine and Community Health|
Honors and Awards
- 5-Star Doctor Award, North American Region of the World Organization of National Colleges, Academies and Academic Associations of General Practitioners/Family Physician (WONCA) (2012)
- University of Massachusetts President's Public Service Award (2010)
- F. Marian Bishop Leadership Award, Society of Teachers of Family Medicine (2010)
- Helping Hands Award, Family Health Center of Worcester (2008)
- NSF-Advance Distinguished Lectureship, Case Western Reserve University (2008)
- A. Jane Fitzpatrick Community Physician of the Year, from the Worcester District Medical Society (2006)
- Honorary Doctorate of Humane Letters, Worcester State College (2006)
- Community Health Center Physician of the Year, Massachusetts League of Community Health Centers (2006)
- One of 300 American women physicians featured in the National Library of Medicine’s “Changing the Face of Medicine” project (2005)
Family Health Center of Worcester
26 Queen Street
Worcester, MA 01610
Partnering for health: collaborative leadership between a community health center ...
Family Medicine and Community Health Publications and Presentations (2012)
BACKGROUND: A collaborative partnership among community-based organizations (CBOs)-a community-health center, a YWCA, and 2 academic health centers-developed and implemented open ...
Randomized trial of a literacy-sensitive, culturally tailored diabetes self-management intervention ...
Preventive and Behavioral Medicine Publications and Presentations (2011)
OBJECTIVE: To test whether a theory-based, literacy, and culturally tailored self-management intervention, Latinos en Control, improves glycemic control among low-income ...
Screening for Childhood Trauma in Adult Primary Care Patients: A ...
Family Medicine and Community Health Publications and Presentations (2010)
Objective: Compared to screening for partner violence, screening for childhood physical and sexual abuse among adult patients has received little ...
Design and methods for a randomized clinical trial of a ...
Preventive and Behavioral Medicine Publications and Presentations (2009)
BACKGROUND: US Latinos have greater prevalence of type 2 diabetes (diabetes), uncontrolled diabetes and diabetes co-morbidities compared to non-Latino Whites. ...
Applying service-learning through a community-academic partnership: depression screening at a ...
Family Medicine and Community Health Publications and Presentations (2004)
CONTEXT: Increasingly, health care facilities worldwide, particularly those that comprise the safety-net, are finding themselves understaffed and challenged to meet ...
A randomized clinical trial of a care recommendation letter intervention ...
Family Medicine and Community Health Publications and Presentations (2003)
PURPOSE: This paper describes the impact of a care recommendation (CR) letter intervention on patients with multisomatoform disorder (MSD) and ...