Taking a global and multidisciplinary approach, The SAGE International Encyclopedia of Travel and Tourism brings together a team of international scholars to examine the travel and tourism industry, which is expected to grow at an annual rate of four percent for the next decade.
In over 600 entries spanning four comprehensive volumes, the Encyclopedia examines the business of tourism around the world paying particular attention to the social, economic, environmental, and policy issues at play. The book examines global, regional, national, and local issues including transportation, infrastructure, the environment, and business promotion. By looking at travel trends and countries large and small, the Encyclopedia analyses a wide variety of challenges and opportunities facing the industry.
• Cross-references and further readings
• Over 600 entries authored and signed by key academics in the ﬁeld
• An entry on nearly every country in the world that details the health of the tourism industry, policy and planning approaches, promotion eﬀorts, and primary tourism draws. Additional entries look at major cities and popular destinations.
• Coverage of regional trends and other topics such as ecotourism and agritourism, sustainability, the business of air travel, marketing, LGBT and elder tourists, heritage tourism, wine tourism, and recreation based tourism.
• A Reader’s Guide grouping articles by disciplinary areas and broad themes
• A helpful Resource Guide that directs readers to classic books, journals and electronic resources for more in-depth study
Available at: http://works.bepress.com/lowry_linda/7/