Honors and Awards
- KSU Foundation Prize for Scholarship 2013 with Dr. J. Jones
- Distinguished Professor Award AKD Mu of Georgia 2012
- Wings Award (co-recipient), 2012 Kennesaw State University
- Nominee, Inspire Integrity Awards, 2008.
- Wings Award (co-recipient), 2006, Kennesaw State University.
- Research Ethics Fellow, 1999-2000. National Science Foundation, North Carolina State University.
- Alpha Kappa Delta, International Sociology Honor Society, Beta Chapter, North Carolina State University.
- Outstanding Graduate Student Award in Community Health Nursing, 1997, Ohio State University.
- Sigma Theta Tau, International Honor Society of Nursing, Epsilon Chapter, Ohio State University.
- SOCI 4443 Medical Sociology
- SOCI 3380 Society, Community and Health
- SOCI 3344 Biotechnology and Social Change
- SOCI 3324 Sociology of Gender
- SOCI 3314 Race and Ethnicity
- SOCI 3304 Social Organization
- SOCI 2251 Social Problems
- SOCI 2201 Principles of Sociology
- SOCI 2000 Introduction to Gender Studies
- GWST 3000 Introduction to Gender and Women's Studies
|2005||PhD, North Carolina State University at Raleigh|
|1997||MS, The Ohio State University|
|1989||BSN, Ashland University|
|1979||BA, Miami University - Oxford|
Office: Social Sciences (SO 22), Room 4070
Contributions to Books (2)
Contribution to Book
Wounds That Don’t Heal: Nurses Experiences with Medication Errors
First, Do Less Harm: Confronting the Inconvenient Problems of Patient Safety (2012)
Medical errors have been the topic of much research, much publication, and much public concern. Because nurses administer the vast ...